The short veil has many names: petal veil, birdcage, fly away, blusher. The good news is, there are no rules anymore about pairing short veils with short dresses. Whatever works is the guideline and has more to do with following proportions and personal style. The shorter ‘fashionista' veil has not only gained in popularity, it's a bridal fashion fixture. My client Monique put it succinctly: "I'm sure glad I chose a birdcage. Now, I won't have to worry about rearranging or when to take it off. I can enjoy my day. " There's something chic, even edgy about a bride sporting one one of these small veils. As early as the 1990s, Vera Wang was matching up short pouf veils with very formal silhouettes. Whether she wanted to show off the extraordinary back details of her gowns or usher in a new look, I don’t know; I only know the juxtaposition this duo created worked. Like Monique, most brides say the number one thing about wearing a shorter veil is, they don’t have to do any adjusting in that switch from the solemnity of ceremony to big time partying hearty. Shorter veils are easy to maneuver around in and stay put whether you’re exchanging vows, cutting cake or dancing. Typically they are made out of either tulle, the standard light weight bridal veiling, or, netting—wider and crisper, offering a more structured and chic look. Since small veils are here to stay awhile, it will be interesting to see what designers come up with the next few seasons with all the new fabrics and materials out there.
THE SHORT VEIL
The short veil has many names: petal veil, birdcage, fly away, blusher. The good news is, there are no rules anymore about pairing short veils with short dresses. Whatever works is the guideline and has more to do with following proportions and personal style. The shorter ‘fashionista' veil has not only gained in popularity, it's a bridal fashion fixture. My client Monique put it succinctly: "I'm sure glad I chose a birdcage. Now, I won't have to worry about rearranging or when to take it off. I can enjoy my day. " There's something chic, even edgy about a bride sporting one one of these small veils. As early as the 1990s, Vera Wang was matching up short pouf veils with very formal silhouettes. Whether she wanted to show off the extraordinary back details of her gowns or usher in a new look, I don’t know; I only know the juxtaposition this duo created worked. Like Monique, most brides say the number one thing about wearing a shorter veil is, they don’t have to do any adjusting in that switch from the solemnity of ceremony to big time partying hearty. Shorter veils are easy to maneuver around in and stay put whether you’re exchanging vows, cutting cake or dancing. Typically they are made out of either tulle, the standard light weight bridal veiling, or, netting—wider and crisper, offering a more structured and chic look. Since small veils are here to stay awhile, it will be interesting to see what designers come up with the next few seasons with all the new fabrics and materials out there.
Blog Archive
-
▼
2010
(677)
-
▼
March
(67)
- Gorgeous Shoes!
- WHAT'S NEW IN THE GOWN GALLERY?
- Dress of the Week
- Chic Chandeliers
- THE COLOR OF HEAVEN
- Perfect Tulips
- Endless combinations...
- THE SHORT VEIL
- COURAGEOUS AND GORGEOUS RUSTIC ROSE
- SHADES OF PEACH AND CORAL
- Gown Friday!
- PHOTOGRAPHY SPOTLIGHT: DIANA MAIRE PHOTOGRAPHY
- ONE MORE TIME
- Rules for a Statement-Making Dessert Buffet
- Charming Eco-Chic
- Watters & Watters
- WHAT'S NEW IN THE GOWN GALLERY? ciara
- The Dress of the Week
- Tablescapes
- A Sweet Wonderland
- HATS AND FLOWERS
- Fresh Take
- WHAT'S NEW IN THE GOWN GALLERY?
- La MariƩe Parisienne
- PINK, GRAY AND BLACK
- Gown Friday!
- ACCESS: BAUBLE CHIC
- {Unique Engagement Session}: Sarah + Aaron
- modern pastel
- CITRUS PINK
- fanciful bows
- PREVIEW OF COMING ATTRACTIONS
- Dress of the Week
- springtime designs
- HEADBANDS AND FASCINATORS ON ETSY
- {A Magic Destination Wedding}: Cyndie + Scott
- Sweet Heart
- 2010 TREND: THE MANTILLA
- BERRY BLUE
- ALWAYS CHIC PINK
- nice and easy
- THE SHORT DRESS BRIDE
- trendy travel
- ACCESS
- The New Issue of Belle
- Something Blue: Part II
- Lavender & Citrus
- WHAT'S NEW IN THE GOWN GALLERY?
- Dress of the Week
- VEIL PRIMER
- Gown Inspiration : 2010 Oscars
- Oscar Chic
- Gaby+Zac : Engagement
- TWO WAY COUTURE
- SPRING POTPOURRI
- STALKING THE LOOK BOOKS: KELIMA K
- DIY Wedding Cord
- PHOTOGRAPHY SPOTLIGHT: PACO AND BETTY
- casual luxury
- LACE MEDLEY
- pop-up table-top
- THE FASCINATOR AS MODERN ART
- Dress of the Week
- many thanks
- COULD RED BE THE NEW WHITE IN TEN YEARS?
- bountiful blossoms
- WHAT'S NEW IN THE GOWN GALLERY?
-
▼
March
(67)
Popular Posts
-
source If you've wondered why all of a sudden there's a trend towards shoes in hues, think about it. First of all, brides are break...
-
{ paper magnolias --gorgeous!} budget is always going to be the one element in planning a wedding no one really wants to deal with, but let...
-
Very impression girl with prefect wedding dress - gown
-
Once you make it down the aisle and stand alongside your groom, all your guests will be looking at you from the back, anywhere from fifteen...
-
I’m bringing you afun, bright and inspirational wedding trend to start your week with a smile. Somepeople think that couples have to pick on...
-
I’m not only super excited to invite you to this event, but also a bit nostalgic. It’s Ella Blu ’s 5 year anniversary party. Five years ago...
-
The Muse has been visiting ever since I got back from my big shopping jaunt. Tuesday I was in Thai Silks in Los Altos and came across this s...
-
Claudette Colbert in Hollywood designer Robert Kalloch's creation for, It Happened One Night (1934)/ Photo courtesy of Movie Diva Clau...
-
Have I got a a heap of eye candy for you today! Knowing how much you love gala and all that goes with it, I'll get right down to the sw...
-
Elegant Wedding Dress goen with square scoop neckline








